HCG Diet Frequently Asked Questions Answered
When considering the HCG diet, you will likely have some questions. We’ve outlined and answered the most common questions we hear below, but we are always happy to address your issues and concerns with you personally when you join our Baltimore Maryland HCG weight loss program.
- Where do I get HCG?
HCG is a natural substance that is produced in the human body during pregnancy. Pharmaceutical companies extract this substance from the urine of pregnant women. It is purified and made into pharmaceutical grade HCG. Although it is a natural substance, it is classified as a drug, and available by prescription only. You must get HCG from a medical doctor with a prescription.
- What if I just did the 500-calorie diet without the HCG injections?
- Many studies have been conducted that reveal if you just do the diet without the HCG injections, you will, in fact lose weight. The problem is, during the diet you will be losing muscle and structural fat, you will not lose any of the abnormal fat deposits in the problem areas. When you finish the diet your metabolism will be lower than before and your hunger higher than before.
- My doctor says this won’t work and is not safe?
- If your doctor has not personally treated patients using the Simeons’ weight loss protocol, exactly and precisely as instructed, he or she would not know whether the protocol was effective and safe? We have successfully treated patients using this protocol with great success. We understand the issues associated with this protocol and will be there every step of the way to help you succeed.
- Isn’t 500 calories a day too low to be safe?
- No. Research now confirms that eating very low calorie diets actually increase overall health, has anti-aging effects, and increase lifespan. This was reported recently in many news sources. Most importantly, however, is when you are doing the diet combined with the HCG injections, Dr. Simeons reports that your body is being flooded with over 2,000 calories of nutrition from the releasing of the abnormal fat reserves. This is one of the reasons that following the protocol, consisting of the diet and HCG injections, you are not hungry and generally have an increase in energy levels.
- Am I allowed to continue taking supplements and prescription medication?
We will make recommendations based on your consultation and blood work, of supplements that will help you achieve an even greater weight loss. It is also imperative that you continue to take any necessary prescription medication that your primary doctor has ordered.
- Must I gorge for the first two days of the program?
Yes. Dr. Simeons states that a person will not be comfortable on the 500-calorie diet unless his normal fat reserves are reasonably well stocked. It is for this reason that in every case a person must eat to capacity the most fattening food they can get down for the first two days.
- Can I change some of the food items on the diet?
NO. You must be very strict in following the diet exactly if you want to achieve results. Simeons was very particular in his research about how even the very smallest change or variation would slow down or stop the fat burning process completely. He said that the diet used in conjunction with the HCG injections must not exceed 500 calories per day. He also stated that the way these calories are made up is of the utmost importance.
- Will I be hungry during this protocol?
You may have slight hunger between one and seven days. If you are following the instructions to load up on calories the first two days, this will not be as noticeable. Each person is different but for the most part the hunger is slight.
- What if I cheat on the diet?
If you do cheat for a meal or for one or two days in a row, all it means is that the weight loss process will stop for a few days or a temporary slight increase in weight may occur. Immediately start the diet again at the next meal and carry on. If you cheat on a meal every other day you are wasting your time.
- Will I gain the weight back?
If you go back to eating fast food, high sugar foods, highly refined foods, you will create the same fat accumulating state you were in before, and you will regain the weight. Our mission is to educate you so that you will be able to keep the weight off forever.
- If the weight comes back can I do this protocol again?
Yes. If you lose a substantial amount of weight and one year later find you have gained some weight back, do the protocol as often as you desire. Many people will decide to do the protocol once a year for a three-week period to lose any amount of weight gained just to keep on top of it.